The RockSTAR Two-Way Messenger is a truly global communication device and tracking system. It allows you to send and receive short messages from anywhere on Earth with a clear view of the sky. It works far beyond the reach of WiFi and GSM networks.
- 5-button keypad plus specific 'alert' button
- Bright OLED screen for information display
- Full 2-way communication system
- Over-the-air reconfiguration of key parameters
- USB connection for charging and for data transfer
- Truly Global Operation, using the Iridium satellite network
- Long battery life (over 2500 transmissions on a single charge)
- Bluetooth LE for advanced messaging (requires Bluetooth LE compatible phone/tablet)
The tracker will wake up on a regular basis, obtain a position using the GPS satellite network, and then transmit that position back to Rock Seven HQ using the Iridium satellite network in seconds. The message is relayed to us from Iridium, and then we visualize the positions on an easy-to-use web-based viewer.
The RockSTAR also allows short messages (like SMS, social media updates and short emails) to be sent using a paired Bluetooth device (such as a smartphone) and the Messenger app. This allows for full two-way communication wherever you are, even when out of mobile network range.
Powered By: Internal battery, rechargeable via USB
- LifeUp to 3 weeks transmitting every 15 mins
- Up to 3 months transmitting once per hour
- Up to 12 months transmitting once per day
Tracking Options: Various tracking options from every 5 seconds to 12 hours
- Red Button Alert
- Timer Alert
- Dead Man's Switch
- Temperature (high/low) Alert
- External Power Loss
Transmits Using: Iridium
Size: 130mm diameter x 50mm high
Weight: 303 grams
Waterproofing: IP-67 (submersion up to 1m for 30 mins)
- FCC & CE
- MIL-810 F/G (Ruggedness)
- Handheld use, personnel etc.
- Temporary vehicle/yacht mounting using Soft Pouch
- Permanent vehicle/yacht mounting using Quick Release Mount
Iridium is the only satellite network that allows transmission of information from any point on Earth - other networks have no coverage in the polar regions, and have intermittent or no coverage in other marine and land areas.
Iridium has 66 satellites in orbit around the Earth, allowing coverage anywhere on Earth 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No other satellite network has truly global coverage. Messages sent via Iridium take just seconds to reach you, via e-mail or directly to your web-service.